COVID Travel Policy Update (updated 2/25/21)
In an effort to keep our children, families and staff as safe as possible, Wesley Child Care continues to require all employees and Wesley families to follow the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) Travel guidelines. Wesley originally adopted these travel restrictions on July 24, 2020.
Therefore, anyone traveling from a state on the orange list is directed to obtain a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival or upon return; or quarantine for 10-days. Orange states are updated frequently.
The CCDPH guidance is now consistent with the City of Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order to reduce confusion among people living and working in Cook County. We ask you to check their website frequently, as quarantine requirements continue to change.
The following summary may be helpful:
• Domestic Travel: Take a diagnostic COVID test (rapid or PCR) no more than 72 hours prior to your return or upon your return or quarantine for 10-days.
• International Travel: Take a diagnostic COVID test (rapid or PCR) 3-5 days after you arrive home and continue to quarantine for a full 7 days after your return.
• Does your child need to take a COVID test: Children under the age of 18 are exempt from testing if they traveled with others who have receive a negative pre-arrival COVID-19 test. Children who travel alone are required to follow the Order for pre-arrival testing or quarantine.
• What if I have been vaccinated: Those who are “fully vaccinated” and have not had symptoms are exempt from the orange tier quarantine / pre-arrival test requirement.
• Important FAQ’s & exceptions can be found at City of Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order
In all cases, those who have traveled must continue to:
• Monitor for symptoms for 14 days after returning from travel
• Practice social distancing, mask-wearing, and hand hygiene
The safety of our students and staff remains our top priority to us. We rely on you to continue to share this responsibility. Thank you for your ongoing support.